Featured Not resolved
1.9
Style and Design

After purchasing our $3000+ sofa from Opulent Items, we quickly realized that this company is a fraud. The 100% Italian Leather Sofa sold to us is NOT LEATHER and is actually made in China. The "leather" you see in the photos started cracking and peeling only months after we purchased it and its gotten worse over time. Buyer Beware!

After months of no response from the company, the owner, Henry, responded to my BBB complaint. He explained to me that although we paid an upcharge for the 100% leather option, that only a portion of the sofas he sells are actually leather. He included a diagram outlining the leather vs non-leather parts. The part that is peeling and cracking on our sofa is marked as being real leather on his diagram. I pointed this out to him and he stopped responding. He did not offer me a refund or a replacement and he continues to sell fake leather couches to people and lie about his customer interactions.

All we asked for was what we paid for- a 100% real leather couch.

In his response here, he blames us for not taking care of the couch and conditioning it, but this is not the issue- the issue is that the couch is NOT LEATHER! We had two independent leather technicians who have worked over 20 years refinishing and restoring leather and they confirmed that Henry sold us a VINYL couch and NOT a LEATHER one. We hope no one else gets duped by this con-artist.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Deception, Fake leather, Customer service, Slow delivery.

Comments

I am very familiar with your industry, and know what you are up against when collecting and the best possible strategies to collect your money. My Company specializes in getting money collected from companies that don't pay within 5 days, please call me for my "No Collection, No charge" rate at 972-663-8593